Indefinita Trading Inc., Philippines importer for Polaroid, Lyxpro and Pictar products, recently announced that Pictar, its highly anticipated camera-grip for the iPhone, is now shipping in the Philippines.
Pictar One can accommodate standard sized iPhones while a larger model, the Pictar One Plus, is designed to work with the plus-sized iPhones available today.
Some of Pictar’s key features include:
• Five user programmable wheels/buttons for unrivaled control over the iPhone camera
• Ergonomic slip-free grip for one-handed use
• Revolutionary communication between hardware and app via ultrasonic sounds
• Control over iPhone camera features not possible in the native app
Although the iPhone camera has significantly increased in quality with each new model, the physical design of the phone has remained stagnant offering no ergonomic solution to users looking for a comfortable photo-taking experience. Offering unrivaled control over the iPhone camera, a user-friendly app and a sleek ergonomic design, Pictar will elevate not only users’ photos and videos but the photo taking experience altogether.
Pictar is designed to communicate with the iPhone via a dedicated camera app which unlocks key features inaccessible on the native app. Each of the physical controls found on Pictar drive a specific function or setting and does so using high-frequency dual tone sounds. Each physical control is assigned a specific tone, and with each turn of a dial, press of a button or turn of a wheel, Pictar omits a sound that – when detected by the app – generates a corresponding action. The high-frequency dual tone (18,500 – 20,000 khz) is inaudible to the human ear and significantly increases battery life when compared to Bluetooth connectivity.
Using a standard CR ½ AA battery which is easily found worldwide, Indefinita Trading Inc. estimates 4-6 months of use before the need to replace the power source is required.
A few of the key external features include:
• Multi-state shutter button – to lock focus and exposure and trigger the shutter
• Zoom ring – allows users to zoom in and out with one hand
• Selfie button – effortlessly switches between front and rear camera
• Exposure compensation wheel – to achieve perfect exposures for each shot
• Smart wheel – offers quick access to preset modes, including manual, shutter priority, sport, landscape and macro
• Tripod mount – for added stability
• Cold shoe – allows for mounted LED lights
While functionality was a key player in Pictar’s vision so too was the physical design of the device. After conducting extensive research into how users capture images with their iPhone, the key shortcomings that surfaced were poor control and an uncomfortable grip – both resulting in a poor user experience.
With that in mind, Pictar was designed with ergonomics and classic cameras in mind. It allows a firm, comfortable grip with buttons and dials placed perfectly to align where the user’s fingers fall. Moreover, it gives users the ability to operate their iPhone camera with just one hand, even when wearing gloves. The comfortable grip helps prevent accidental drops and significantly improves the sharpness of images.
Included with Pictar is a hand strap, neck strap and carrying case. The bottom of Pictar offers a ¼” 20 standard connection for a tripod, and on top there is a “cold shoe” connection for external lighting.
Pictar One and Pictar One Plus are available now for ₱5,490 and ₱5,990, respectively.