1. WHAT IS NIKE HYPER COURT?
– Nike Hyper Court is an on-court interactive experience, powered by Google that unlocks exclusive basketball content, through free data, to inspire ballers across the city to take their game to the next level.
– Through Nike Hyper Court, Filipino ballers gain free access to exclusive content that includes training drills, elevated member activities and the best of Nike global basketball content.
– Nike Hyper Court, powered by Google, is a joint initiative between both brands for the first time in bringing access of videos and contents relevant to sports where data access can be scarce, resulting in slow or disruptive content access.
2. HOW DOES THE TECHNOLOGY POWERED BY GOOGLE ENABLE NIKE HYPER COURT IN A UNIQUE WAY?
– The Google technology eliminates the need for high speed data connectivity and enables ballers to watch YouTube content on the designated courts. This is an original project developed for the Philippines and the first time the technology has been used anywhere in the world.
– Nike Hyper Court, powered by Google, helps break down connectivity and data barriers – a prevalent challenge for the youth in Manila with limited data connectivity.
3. HOW DOES NIKE HYPER COURT WORK?
– Nike Hyper Court content is streamed via high-speed platforms enabled at every designated Nike Hyper Court using Google technology.
– Ballers at the Nike Hyper Court simply need to connect their smart phones to the local network via the Nike Hyper Court wifi and sign up when prompted.
– These ballers will then be able to access exclusive training videos, coaching tips and athlete content.
– The Nike Hyper Court experience is complemented with physical coaching / training sessions on a periodic basis to enhance the ballers’ learning experiences.
4. HOW DID NIKE TEAM UP WITH GOOGLE ON NIKE HYPER COURT?
– Nike saw an opportunity to team up with Google to provide a unique application of their technology paired with exclusive Nike basketball content.
– Nike Hyper Court provides an avenue for youth in the Philippines to raise their game by providing access to exclusive inspirational and interactive training and content through the power of mobile.
5. IS THIS AN EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT BETWEEN NIKE AND GOOGLE?
Nike and Google have teamed up to develop a unique technological solution bringing Nike Hyper Court to life. We don’t have further details to share about the agreement.
6. WHAT KIND OF CONTENT WILL BE ACCESSIBLE FOR USERS AT NIKE HYPER COURT?
– The content accessible through Nike Hyper Court is designed with a hyperlocal approach with the help of experienced and credible coaches, where some of the features will include the following:
• Athlete-inspired drills and training programs for different types of ballers. For example:
• Programs based on power, quickness and versatility on court
• Skill-enhancing tutorials in the areas of shooting, passing, handles and defense
• The best of Nike inspiration, innovation and enablement content
• Exclusive Nike athlete content
7. HOW IS NIKE HYPER COURT DIFFERENT TO NIKECONNECT?
– NikeConnect is an app used by scanning a chip in the NBA jerseys with a smartphone to access Global Nike contents for fans and consumers to tap into the game on and off the court with contents encompassing performance, culture, innovation and inspirational aspects of the game; whereas with Nike Hyper Court users simply connect their smartphones to Nike Hyper Court directly on site, at designated basketball courts to access mainly training-related contents to raise one’s game.
– NikeConnect can be accessed anywhere whereas the Nike Hyper Court is only accessible at designated courts.
– The NikeConnect requires access to data whereas the Nike Hyper Court is powered by Google technology, eliminating the need for high-speed data connectivity.
8. WHERE WILL NIKE HYPER COURT BE AVAILABLE?
– The Nike Hyper Court will be launched in five Barangays around Manila during this holiday season:
• Titan Love Court, BGC – LeBron James Court
• Ususan Court, Taguig – Kobe Bryant Court
• Comembo Covered Court, Makati – Kevin Durant Court
• Scarlet Homes Covered Court, Paranaque – Russell Westbrook Court
• YCL Covered Court, Quezon City – Kyrie Irving Court
9. HOW MANY USERS WILL BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE NIKE HYPER COURT AT A SINGLE TIME?
Under optimal circumstances, Nike Hyper Court can serve up to 60 people at one time, per court, which allows steady streaming of contents and videos.
10. WILL USERS NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE NIKECONNECT APP TO USE NIKE HYPER COURT?
No, as the two are different from a functional and technologically-driven perspective.
11. WHY WAS ARTIST / ILLUSTRATOR ARTURO TORRES PICKED TO DESIGN THE ATHLETE MURALS ON COURT?
– Arturo Torres is renowned for working on illustrations for New York Times bestseller Shea Serrano’s “The Rap Year Book: The Most Important Rap Song From Every Year Since 1979 Discussed, Debated and Deconstructed”. It featured more than 150 of Torres’ drawings – a blend of photorealism, as well as youthful and lively 1980s cartoons.
– With a blend of his artistic craft and tonality – vibrant and youthful – as he dimentionalizes each athlete’s life-size personality to match the murals’ scale, Torres was approached to illustrate and express his vision for Nike Hyper Court with such talent and vision that resonates with basketballers in Manila and around the globe, in addition to his familiarity with the sport while playing basketball in high school.
12. WHAT IS THE INSPIRATION AND DESIGN ARTURO TORRES HAD IN MIND TO BRING TO THE COURTS AND BALLERS IN MANILA
– Arturo wanted every single drawing to have something that represented the athletes in a way, nostalgically paying homage to his roots and affiliation towards comic-book style illustrations.
– For KD, he focused on capturing the high energy and versatility KD has in every game he plays.
– For Kyrie, he was inspired by how fast the athlete can move around players and that comes through with the wind depicted going past him in the illustration.
– Lebron James was depicted to intentionally draw parallels to the fictitious God of Thunder comic character, Thor. Hence, the lightning to amplify the effect, coupled with the athlete depicted “flying”.
– For Kobe, Torres honed in on the athlete’s ball-handling skills and his ability to remain calm in all scenarios during game-play. Hence, the depiction of smoke at the bottom of the mural.
– For Westbrook, he draws on the fiery, passionate emotion the athlete brings to the court, depicted through fire and lava.
13. WILL THERE BE MORE COURTS AROUND THE PHILIPPINES / GLOBALLY WITH THE NIKE HYPER COURT INNOVATION IMPLEMENTED?
Yes, there are plans to launch more courts in the near future.